All Women Deserve Supplies ~ PERIOD
(Finished for 2018 on February 12)
It’s extremely hard for women living in poverty to deal with the monthly financial and physical burden of a period. Products are costly and are not covered by SNAP or WIC. The average woman requires over $6000 disposables in her lifetime. For some women, that time of the month couldn’t come at a worse time.
During the first 6 weeks of 2018, the Zonta Clubs of Northampton area, Quaboag Valley and Springfield are pooling resources for #The Period Project to raise awareness and collect items needed during a monthly menstrual cycle.
The public is invited to join Zontians in distributing dignity to women and teens in need.
(1) You can donate items to create monthly menstrual kits for homeless women and to stock supplies at local shelters and service centers. Find addresses/maps for drop-off locations throughout Hampden, Hampshire & Franklyn counties at ZontaQV.org/Period.
We are collecting:
- Sealed Boxes of Pads or Tampons
- Panty Liners
- Cleansing Wipes, Hand Sanitizers and/or Soap
- New Pairs of Underwear (Any Size)
or cash to purchase items in short supply.
Checks can be made to Zonta Club of Northampton Area, c/o Audrey Millgate, 2027 Northampton St, Holyoke MA 01040.
(2) You are welcome to assemble monthly period kits on Monday, February 12th at the Ludlow Country Club, Ludlow.5:30 Set up/ 6:00 Dinner ($18 – cash, check or credit card). RSVP by 2/6 to 413-219-8260 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also assembling Period Kits on Feb. 12 , 1:00-3:00 at Haydenville Congregational Church, and anyone can join us. We will bring the kits and products to the Ludlow Country Club.
When many of us think about giving donations and goods to local organizations that assist families, the first items that come to mind are things like clothes, shoes and food. Many of us don’t think about the other items that people with periods are in need of on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will contribute now and share this message in the new year and beyond.
If you’d like to ask more about #PeriodProject, fill out the form below to email us: